I didn’t see anything from stage: Shaan on stampede-like situation at concert
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; December 25, 2022)

Shaan’s concert on Thursday, held in West Bengal’s Hooghly, made headlines after a stampede-like situation led to four people getting injured. The singer tells us that he had no clue how this happened, and it was only much later that he was informed about it:

“Firstly, I was relying on Google Maps, which took me in a different direction. I was supposed to be at the venue at 8, and for the first time in my career, I was late for a concert. I arrived at 9.15 pm.”

The crowd had got out of hand by that point, he was informed. And the way to the outdoor venue for the college concert was through a narrow lane. Shaan continues, “I was, of course, very panicky to get on with the show quickly. When I left after the concert, which ended later to compensate for the late beginning, my relatives in Kolkata called to ask if I was fine.”

He didn’t “see anything happen” while he was performing; otherwise, he shares that he’d have taken action then and there. “The college is old, in the middle of an old city. There was nowhere to wait, no green room,” he claims.