Sunny Leone Began Her Day At Work Like This. See Pics

Akash Wadhwa (BOMBAY TIMES; December 13, 2022)

Sunny Leone, a known name in the entertainment industry today, is quite happy with her journey so far. Sunny, who has hosted seven seasons of the reality show Splitsvilla with Rannvijay Singha, has hosted her eighth season without him. She says, “Rannvijay is not with me this season and I am always going to miss him. He has become my brother from another mother. We had developed such a good friendship and there was a sense of togetherness between both of our families. And the best part is that though he is not hosting the season with me, he is just a phone call away. We are in touch through calls and messages. In fact, his wife also messages me. We are family friends now.”

Sunny, who has done item numbers, films and web series, finds hosting shows really interesting. “Of course, I love films. But I like hosting, too, although I host only one show a year and love the experience. I really look forward to it as it is a different type of shooting schedule,” she says.

Ask Sunny if her acting potential has been utilized to the fullest in the entertainment industry and she replies, “As of now, I am working on a film with Anurag Kashyap and I am really excited about that. I am sure that once people see this film, some good things should soon follow.”

Sunny says, “More than the film industry tagging me in a certain category, I guess the articles that have been written about me, have tagged me in a certain image in the industry. I am not tagging myself. It is a vicious circle. I can’t really do much about tagging, but yes, I can stay true to who I am, work really hard and also believe that somebody will see my hard work. I am forever grateful to Anurag Kashyap, who saw that in me and offered me something different.”

She adds, “Even on the last day of the shoot with him, I couldn’t control my emotions as I am really thankful to him for giving me a chance. I am happy with my life and where I am and if people put a tag on me, I really can’t do much about it nor am I upset about it.”

Sunny has also been quite active in the industry down South. Talking about it, she says, “The experience is amazing and the best part is that each role has been different from the other. A lot of my projects got delayed because of the pandemic, but I am happy that finally, the films that I’d done down South are releasing.”

Sunny, who is a proud mother of three children, Nisha, Asher, and Noah, is enjoying motherhood. “My kids are wonderful and really are a gift from God. They are so funny and so smart and I love spending as much time as I can with them. All of them have different interests and both my husband and I enjoy keeping our kids busy,” she concludes.