Love being in love but not looking for anybody: Shweta
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 3, 2022)

It has been two years since actor Shweta Basu Prasad announced that her five-month-old marriage with long-time beau Rohit Mittal had ended on a cordial note. And while Prasad still respects her ex-husband for the person that he is, she is now open to falling in love again.

“The separation was mutual with my ex-husband. There was no alimony involved. I returned all the jewellery and things that the family gave me. It was that cordial. He was a great guy and I learnt a lot about film and literature from him. A lot of my growing up was with him, it was a five-year-old relationship. I respect him very much,” the 31-year-old shares.

While she is single, Basu says she is “very comfortable being single”. “I don’t need a relationship. I love being in love but I’m not looking for anybody. If and when it’s meant to happen (it’ll happen) and I’ll be open to it,” the actor states.

The Tashkent Files (2019) actor is content on the personal front, however, on the professional front, she calls herself an “incomplete actor” since she has not acted on stage. “I have never done theatre and I consider myself an incomplete actor. My father had a theatre company and yet, strangely, I never became a part of it,” the actor says.

The closest Basu has come to doing theatre is her recent teleplay Gunehgaar.