Moosewala’s death was dark time for the music industry
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 22, 2022)

Singer-actor Diljit Dosanjh has always been vocal about losing singer Sidhu Moose Wala, who was shot dead on May 29. Dosanjh, who has a packed touring schedule, often pays tribute to the late musician at his concerts. “It was a shocking incident and a dark time for the music industry. But it was the toughest for his family,” he says.

Dosanjh adds, “If it would have happened with an artiste from any other country, we would have felt equally bad. Yeh toh humare Punjab ke artiste ke saath hua. This should not have happened.”

Meanwhile, apart from performing at live shows across the world, Dosanjh is trying to balance his career as an actor in Bollywood and the Punjabi film industry. Though he has done eight Hindi films so far, including hits like Udta Punjab (2016) and Good Newwz (2019), the 38-year-old says he doesn’t have a fascination for Bollywood per se.

The Jogi actor says, “I never felt like a part of any industry. I have always focused on putting my hard work in a project, and I continue to do so. I have never forced my way into Bollywood. Kabhi try bhi nahin kiya, na kisi ke office gaya, na kisi party mein gaya… I have never believed in being in touch with someone for work. I am chasing my dreams and putting my hard work to achieve them.”