‘I’M
LIVING
THE
DREAM
THAT I
NEVER
WANT TO END’

Ahead of his closing performance at IFFI, today, Kartik Aaryan calls it a ‘great way’ to usher in his birthday
Monika Rawal Kukreja (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 20, 2022)

Kartik Aaryan is in no mood to take a break or pause. He continues to enjoy a successful stint at the box office, is a favourite among brands, and now has added another feather to his hat: the actor is set to perform the grand closing act at the 53rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa today. In a candid chat, Aaryan tells us how he lets all this adulation sink in and never ever gets complacent.

Beginning the year with Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2’s unprecedented success and ending it with a performance at the IFFI opening ceremony. Does it all feel surreal?
Totally! I have a great sense of gratitude. Last year, I ventured into OTT and did something totally different in Dhamaka, which was appreciated. Then there’s the success of Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 post-pandemic, now I have Freddy around the corner, which is again a new genre for me. I feel blessed to be working with some fine directors and pushing my boundaries. This act at IFFI 2022 is a celebration of that.

Do you feel small milestones like performing at IFFI make a big difference in your journey?
I believe nothing is too small for an impact or to make the right noise. So, I approach everything with the same energy and enthusiasm and give my 100% dedication. It’s a huge honour to take the stage at such a prestigious and respected event.

When your fans call you unstoppable, how do you react to it?
I feel like I have miles to go and so much to do! The moment I feel content and complacent is when the growth stops. I am constantly wanting to learn, grow and experiment. I’m living the dream that I never want to end.

On November 22, you turn 32. Would you call it a perfect birthday week with your act at IFFI?
Performing at IFFI is a great way to usher in my birthday and is a matter of pride for me. It’s been a busy but phenomenal year. I feel extremely grateful for this birthday, and it’s only encouraged me to work harder.