Karan is upset that his name has been dragged in the ongoing battle between estranged couple Rajeev Sen and Charu Asopa
Tanvi Trivedi and Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; November 6, 2022)

Estranged couple Rajeev Sen and Charu Asopa continue to level allegations against each other. After Charu accused Rajeev of infidelity a few days ago, the latter recently accused her of the same by linking her with actor Karan Mehra.

Amidst all this, we reached out to Karan, who said, “It is disrespectful and disgraceful to drag someone else into your issues. I don’t know Rajeev, and I met Charu after almost 10 years at an event in June along with my other colleagues from Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlataa Hai. I know Charu because she did a brief role in the show many years ago.”

Rajeev had accused Charu of making a romantic reel with Karan. Talking about that, Karan said, “How is it a romantic reel? Has anyone seen it? In that reel, you can see Charu and me, along with other colleagues. What is he talking about?”

Karan himself is currently embroiled in a divorce battle with Nisha Rawal. And while he is busy with those proceedings, Rajeev’s allegation has upset him. “I will not sit quietly. I will counter this and take strong action against him. I have no clue why he is behaving like this,” said Karan.

I NEVER USED THE TERM AFFAIR, SAYS RAJEEV SEN
After Karan Mehra’s strong reaction to Rajeev’s allegation, we reached out to Rajeev regarding this. He said, “I never used the term affair when I spoke about it. I only said that Charu’s mother disclosed to me through her voice note that her daughter is making reels with Karan Mehra. So, everything I got to know was through Charu’s mother. That’s all I said. I didn’t say anything against Karan. He has misunderstood my statement.”

Incidentally, Charu always accused Rajeev of being very suspicious. When asked about this, Rajeev said, “I was protective and possessive of my wife. I wasn’t suspicious of her being involved with anyone.”

I AM SHOCKED AND DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY RAJEEV WOULD DO THIS, SAYS CHARU ASOPA
Regarding Rajeev’s recent comment on Karan and her, Charu said, “What Rajeev is doing is unethical. He is doing this because I kept quiet all this time, and now, when I have started talking, he has started dragging other people into these issues. Karan and I met in June for an event, and the reel that I posted is the only one on my social media handle that features Karan. Otherwise, I have not met him or kept in touch with him for a long time. I am shocked and don’t understand why Rajeev would do this.”

Charu and Rajeev, who tied the knot in 2019, have been in the news for their constant fights and unfollowing each other on social media. But the two also patched up each time. However, this time around, it seems like they will go ahead with their divorce. The two have a one-year-old daughter, Ziana.