Isha Koppika

Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; November 6, 2022)

Isha Koppikar Narang made her showbiz debut in 1998 with Ek Tha Dil Ek Thi Dhadkan, and was later seen in films like Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat, Aamdani Atthanni Kharcha Rupaiya, Dil Ka Rishta and Don, among others. Post her marriage with Timmy Narag in 2009, work took a backseat, but in the last few years, Isha has been in a comeback mode and has been seen in a few films and web shows.

The actress says that even though she has worked in several films, the camera still makes her nervous. She shares, “I do get nervous even today! I say my prayers before I face the camera every time. I still get jitters, but work is what keeps me going. Putting on your costume and make-up and stepping in front of the camera is so much fun.”

When she was away from acting, Isha was busy spending time with her daughter Rianna. Ask her if her daughter likes to watch her mom on screen, and she shares, “Well, she cries when she sees me on TV. In one film, I had a daughter, so she asked me, ‘How can you have another daughter when I am your daughter?’ In another film, someone hit me, and she started crying seeing that scene.”

Isha was known for her dancing skills in numbers like Khallas. Ask her about Rianna’s favourite dance number starring her mom, and she shares, “That’s Aaj Ki Raat from Don.”