Kajal Pisal and (below) as Dayaben when she auditioned for the role a few months ago

Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; November 12, 2022)

Actress Kajal Pisal, who was last seen in the show Sirf Tum, is currently looking for a new project. Earlier, there were reports that she had auditioned for Dayaben’s role in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah.

At that time, the actress did not comment on the news, but in a recent chat with us, she said, “Yes, I had auditioned for the role in August. I did not want to speak about it because I had only gone for an audition. I waited to hear from them for a long time, but when I did not receive a call, I realised that it hadn’t worked out. But some production houses and casting directors are under the impression that I will be playing Dayaben in the future, so they don’t approach me for work. I realised this when a couple of them asked me if I had signed up for Taarak Mehta. I want to clarify that I haven’t been approached by the makers of the show for Dayaben’s role, so I am available to take up a new show.”

Kajal has been part of the television industry for a while now. She was seen in shows like Kuchh Is Tara, Ek Hazaaron Me Meri Behna Hai, Udaan and Naagin 5 among others.