An adventurous night: Adil recalls getting locked out of his house after earthquake in Delhi
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 10, 2022)

When Adil Hussain came out of his house in Delhi with his family after tremors jolted NCR early on Wednesday, little did he know it was the start of an adventurous night! With no cash or ID cards in hand, the actor and his family were locked out of their home in south Delhi during the wee hours of the morning, when they stepped out as a safety measure.

He tells us, “Even when the ground is shaking mildly, I’m of the habit of getting out, because that’s how I grew up in Assam.”

While the actor managed to grab his car keys, he had no cash or cards. He goes on to share, “For some reason, the door got locked from inside. It was two in the morning... I went to some hotels, but they were full. Thankfully, my friend Dibang was awake for some reason. He saw my message and called me immediately. We spent the night in his house.”

Hussain says that he and his family were prepared to drive around town until morning, when they can find a locksmith to solve the issue.

“I was not scared or anxious, but tired. I haven’t had a good sleep before that. But, we were up for an adventurous night for sure,” mentions the Delhi Crime actor.

A native of Assam, he says he understands the protocols in the event of an earthquake. But, he hopes that the jolts felt come as a wake up call.

“In Assam, the houses are made of wood and are earthquake proof. Concrete structures are very dangerous for earthquakes, unless it is earthquake proof from the foundation, which is not the case in Delhi. If there is a big earthquake in the future, I don’t know what it would do [to the city]... I don’t want to predict a grim future. I hope it is a wake up call for all,” he signs off.