Why you won’t ‘spot’ Amit Sadh at the gym or airports
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 7, 2022)

Here, there and everywhere — social media is filled with celeb spotting. But you won’t see Amit Sadh getting papped outside the gym, airport, or any other place where celebs are usually seen. Why? Because the actor doesn’t connect with the idea of being “spotted”.

Recalling the time when Kai Po Che (2013) was released and when he tasted roaring success and fame, Sadh says, “My life changed overnight, and I didn’t know what was happening. A lot of things were being said. I got myself ‘spotted’ too. Ki main iss time pe iss terminal gate pe aa raha hoon. I did it one-two times,” he says.

However, the 39-year-old, who has since been a part of films such as Sultan (2016) and Shakuntala Devi (2020), adds that the audience can see through all these things now. “They are much more evolved now. They know what is happening. Wherever I am today, a lot of people have supported me and loved me just the way I am. That gives me strength,” adds Sadh, whose short film Ghuspaith - Beyond Borders has been making the rounds of film festivals.

He goes on to also say that, as an actor, you cannot create “a false perception”. “Aaj nahin toh kal pakde jaaoge. I try to lead a very simple life. A lot of people would ask me, ‘Tum kaise survive karoge?’ But I have,” he smiles.