Uorfi recalls producers sending goons after she refused to do bold scenes

Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 9, 2022)

The public may notice actor Uorfi Javed for her eclectic choice of outfits. However, she states that since childhood she has decided to wear “bold” outfits. She started her career with TV shows in 2016, and while six years may seem short to others, for her they have been quite long. “Mumbai mein kitni problems sehni padi hai, kaise survive kiya hai, only I know all that,” she reveals.

One may wonder what the hurdles were like in her “struggler waali phase” and she shares that she was manipulated by the makers of a web series to do a bold scene: “I wasn’t told that a series has bold scenes. When I went on the sets, they were forcing me to do it, saying I had signed a contract. Eventually, I didn’t do the web series. Unhone mere ghar pe gunde bhej diye. My roommate told me that people were looking for me.”

Sharing another anecdote, the 25-year-old says, “I was doing a mythological show. The creative (producer) saw my Instagram, which has always been very bold. I was in my room for 6-7 hours. Nobody came into my room, and when I asked them, they said they had replaced me.”