This Pic Of Farhan Akhtar And Anusha Dandekar Is The Definition Of 'Cool'

Preeti Atulkar (BOMBAY TIMES; October 13, 2022)

TV host and actress Anusha Dandekar says she shares a fun equation with her brother-in-law Farhan Akhtar and adds that he has beautifully become a part of the family. In a chat with us, she spoke about Farhan, trolling on social media and more...

‘FARHAN IS VERY CHILLED OUT’
Speaking about her brother-inlaw Farhan Akhtar, who got married to Shibani Dandekar recently, Anusha says, “Since Shibani calls him Fu, I call him Fu-in-law. He is very chilled out, and we bonded really well. Neither of us had to make any efforts to fit in, he has beautifully become a part of the family. I share a great rapport with Apeksha’s husband Abhishek as well. In fact, both my sisters, brothers-in-law and I recently went on a holiday together. We are one big team.”

‘RISE ABOVE NEGATIVITY ON SOCIAL MEDIA’
Last year, Anusha also became a victim of major social media trolling. Talking about how she overcame the negativity, she says, “It took me a while to realise that one must ignore the negativity and rise above it. On many occasions, I didn’t even react.”

However, the actress also highlights that the reaction of people on social media has been changing off late. “There have been times when I have responded to trolls positively, and they have even apologized immediately. I just want to continue spreading positivity,” shares Anusha.

‘IT’S A HOMECOMING FOR ME’
Anusha is making a return to Marathi cinema. Her last Marathi outing was Jai Jai Maharashtra Majha in 2012. When asked what took her so long to take up a Marathi project, she replies, “I have always taken up things that excite me. I liked the script of Baap Manus, and gave it a nod.”

She is also quick to point out the consistent progression in Marathi cinema. She adds, “It has evolved so much over the years, and I am happy to be back. There are better opportunities today.”

Anusha has also been training hard to achieve fluency in Marathi for her role. She will be playing a character of a Maharashtrian girl who is born and brought up in India, and later moves abroad. “I recently realised that both my sisters, Shibani and Apeksha, can communicate in Marathi better than me. So I found myself a coach, who is helping me get my pronunciations and grammar right. I started training much before this film came my way. However, it will eventually help me with my role,” she says.