Somebody told me that Aamir Khan really liked my audition
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; September 27, 2022)

Getting her first TV show, Ishq Ka Rang Safed, was like a cakewalk for actor Eisha Singh, as she cracked her first-ever audition and landed the project. However, the same cannot be said for her Bollywood debut. Before bagging director Ratnaa Sinha’s Middle-Class Love, Singh “auditioned for a couple of films, including Laal Singh Chaddha (featuring actor Aamir Khan)”.

The actor tells us, “They were searching for a newcomer initially and I auditioned for it. Somebody told me that Aamir Khan really liked my audition. Though it did not work out, I met him for another project.”

Interestingly, Singh tested for a part that actor Kareena Kapoor Khan ended up playing in director Advait Chandan’s Hindi remake of Forrest Gump (1994).

Recalling her audition, the 23-year-old shares, “We did three scenes and I enjoyed most of them. I have watched Forrest Gump thoroughly, so I really enjoyed it. I think I was nice, but maybe I wasn’t good enough. My dad was watching me (audition) and I was very nervous. Every time dad is on the set, I get very nervous, though he is the coolest and loves my work.”

The actor adds, “It (the movie) did not work out, which is fine. Later, I got to know that Kareena Kapoor ma’am is doing it, so I was fine. I don’t care if 50 more people auditioned for it. The fact that I auditioned for it, and they considered me and thought that I was eligible to be a part of a big film like Laal Singh Chaddha and be paired opposite Aamir Khan was a big thing for me.”