When I show cleavage, it’s out of respect for my breasts: Chhavi

Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; September 12, 2022)

After slamming trolls for their insensitive comments about “exposing her body” on Instagram after breast cancer surgery, actor Chhavi Mittal, shares that the intention behind doing it was quite a positive one. “It was not to be harsh to those trolls, but to reiterate that this is my life, my body, and I’m proud of it. When I show my cleavage, it’s not out of disrespect for myself, but because I respect my breasts and believe they are warriors for having survived such a massive surgery,” she explains.

Mittal also reveals that after her diagnosis, she was more worried about her post-recovery life than the cancer treatment. That’s why she’s disappointed when people reduce her “story of survival and celebration of life” to mere display of breasts.

The 42-year-old says, “If I share a post, which speaks about freedom, not worrying about a thing in the world, and somebody only notices the superficial things like what I’m wearing, it defeats the purpose of the message.”

Mittal clarifies that she doesn’t mind people commenting on her posts and doesn’t get affected by negative comments. She also has a compassionate perspective of looking at trolls. She says, “Maybe they are experiencing mental or emotional struggle and that’s why are oozing so much negativity... Whenever they comment something bad, I understand they must be struggling through life. May God bless them.”