IT IS HARD
TO SAY NO
TO WORK: TO WORK:
SIDDHARTH
NIGAM
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; September 6, 2022)

Imagine coming from a small town and winning hearts, so much so that you get flooded with offers that put you in a dilemma. That’s been the case with actor Siddharth Nigam, who had to let go of several projects owing to his “choosy” criteria. While the 21-year-old has starred in only seven TV shows so far, including cameos and reality shows, he admits rejecting projects is difficult, but imperative.

He explains and says, “I am still learning how to go ahead with things. It’s hard for me to say no to anything, so I never say no, but I explain my reasons for not doing a show. Yes, I have had to make a few difficult decisions, lekin mann maarke koi kaam nahin karna chahiye.”

Siddharth started his career in 2011 and yet he believes this is “just the beginning”. “Picture toh abhi baaki hai,” he boasts, adding, “I’m trying to do better. I’ve grown with every project. As of now, it has been a beautiful journey.”

He goes on to explain how for him, his actor brother Abhishek Nigam and mum Vibha Nigam, life hasn’t been easy. He shares, “Ek time tha jab kuch bhi nahin tha, aisa lagta tha kya karenge. Back then, we used to live in an apartment smaller than 1 BHK. I have seen my mother struggle and I always wanted to give her a good life. I have never looked back.”

The actor’s personal life has always been an area of interest for many, and he claims he is “single” as of now, and only committed to his work.