I LOOK
FORWARD
TO BEING A
MOTHER:
GAUAHAR
KHAN
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; September 19, 2022)

The past year has been a busy one for actor Gauahar Khan, with the release of three shows on OTT platforms and another three ready to go. She also completed one year of marriage and says that this has been “one of the best years” of her life so far. “It’s been a fantastic year. After Bigg Boss, this is my best year, work wise. I have done a variety of roles and played a prominent role in most of them,” she adds.

But it is not just work that is on Khan’s mind. The 39-year-old would love to be a mother, too. “I definitely look forward to being a mother. I really hope that it happens soon. But I don’t have a plan, yet. When it has to happen, it will happen. It’s not something Zaid (Darbar, dancer-husband) and I have planned for either. We haven’t had this conversation so far,” the actor tells us.

While the Salt City actor is grateful to all the directors who have thought of her for varied characters, she says that she has never approached filmmakers for work. “When I started out in the industry, I was an outsider and I used to feel shy, and wonder if it was the correct thing to approach people (for work). I’m not saying that there’s anything wrong with that. I have people from my extended family who are in the industry, but I have never picked up a call and said I wanted to do the project. Not because I didn’t want to, but I just did not know how to. It’s very new to me. I just wait for the right opportunity to come my way,” Khan explains.

Does the actor have a bucket list of things that she would like to tick off in the upcoming year and she is quick to respond: “I have ticked off a lot from my bucket list after working with almost all OTT platforms. But I want to keep working.”