‘How can I hate this body? It gave me my kids’
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; September 9, 2022)

Actor Neha Dhupia doesn’t worry about people obsessing over her weight or the few extra kilos that she gained after giving birth to her children. She believes there is no rhyme or reason to getting upset over her own body because of the judgement of a stranger online or in real life.

Opening up about her relationship with her body, the mother of two says, “It is ever changing. The requirements that I had for my body when I was starting out were different. When I started working in films, it was about maintaining my fitness and looking good on camera. Now, I have played a part when I was eight months pregnant. It doesn’t get more vulnerable than that.”

But has she ever been uncomfortable with her body? The actor shares, “Maybe during my postpartum phase, maybe during my first shot, but then how can I hate this body? It has given me two amazing humans. This body made me a beauty queen, and later a mother. I have to like it both ways. It took a long time for me to understand and respect that. I’m working out and working towards achieving a certain look again with my body. I am in the middle of that phase after giving birth.”

Dhupia continues, “People are always going to have opinions about me. But I’m not going to get upset with my body just because somebody else thinks that it’s not of a particular size. My reason for being that size is best known to me, and I don’t think I need to explain anything to anyone.”

The actor, who was last seen in A Thursday, adds, “Even if I wear skinny jeans and a tank top and come out, they will still have an opinion. I’m not going to beat myself up over it. I don’t have the time or the bandwidth to deal with trolls. I’m not here to do anything except for setting realistic standards for myself and for everyone else.”