‘HAVE HEARD
OF STARS
WHO CUT
CO-ACTORS’
SCENES’
Actor Mona Singh praises Laal Singh Chaddha co-actor Aamir Khan, says he isn’t insecure
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; September 24, 2022)

Mona Singh is happy with life post Laal Singh Chaddha’s release. It might not have hit the bull’s eye commercially in India, but it did very well in the international markets, she claims. “I am inundated with messages, it’s so overwhelming that it’s not funny. That’s what an actor wants at the end of the day, that’s the validation that I made someone cry with my acting on-screen. I love that, I am absolutely loving this whole phase,” she beams.

The actor will be seen in a short Ek Chup, which revolves around domestic violence amid the Covid-19 waves. She adds, “Forget, India, I got messages from Germany. Internationally, the film did really well. People out there were looking for my umber to message me directly, I don’t even know them! I know what this film has done for me both nationally and internationally.”

Singh had essayed the role of Aamir Khan’s character Laal’s mother in the film, which was an official Hindi adaptation of the Hollywood film Forrest Gump (1994). She says Khan had been supportive of her, despite the many questions raised over her being younger to him in real life.

“I remember Aamir sir saying, ‘Mona, you have excelled in the film.’ Imagine a star like him telling that. He is the only guy who will let your character graph grow in the film. He is not that insecure actor who will say ‘achha she is taking over, cut it’. I have heard stories about actors who have done that with their co-stars. Aamir sir is one actor who will give every character equal weightage. He feels every character makes a film, not just one,” gushes Singh, who worked with Khan in 3 Idiots.