Nikki Sharma plans on pursuing graduation alongside shooting

The actress clears the air about her cryptic post a few months ago that had people worried about her well-being
Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; August 29, 2022)

Remember Nikki Sharma, the TV actress who was in the news in April for posting a cryptic message, saying, ‘I tried but I am tired, I want to be free from my own thoughts (sic)’, following which she deleted all her posts and deactivated her Instagram account? The post had spread panic among her friends and colleagues from the industry and everyone tried to reach her that night to check on her. Post that incident, the Brahmarakshas 2 actress kept a low profile for about two months. Now, she is back and will be seen playing the lead in an upcoming TV show soon.

In an exclusive conversation, Nikki opens up about that night and how she has worked on herself and bounced back. She reveals, “I was going through a tough time emotionally at that point, as I wasn’t getting the kind of work I wanted to take up. Rejection par rejection aa rahe the harr jagah se. Before I could even realise, it had been a year-long wait. Also, around that time, my mom, who is my only support and family, suffered a second heart attack. It totally shook me.”

Nikki says, “With all the problems coming together, I felt I needed a break, especially from social media because it can get quite toxic at times. Of course, later, I realized why my message got people so worried.”

Neha further adds, “Posting the story may have been alarming for many people, but eventually, they understood my intention to quit social media. The confusion arose after my post was viewed by a former co-actor from Sasural Simar Ka, who tried to look out for me, but things got blow out of proportion. My mother and I were inundated with calls and text messages. I didn’t want her to be under any stress, but she was affected eventually. So now, when I look back, I wish I had avoided it. However, I must admit that it also made me realize that so many people cared for me. That feeling is important when you are going through a tough phase.”

The actress stayed away from social media for about two months after the incident. She says, “I spent time with my family and friends. The world seems better when you laugh, and I have been with people who are helping me to laugh (smiles). Though it’s easier said than done, you have to pick yourself up after every fall and try to come back stronger. The reason I felt miserable was because I felt that I couldn’t talk to people. So, the key is to surround yourself with people who love and genuinely care for you. In the last few months, I got time to reconnect with myself and practiced spirituality. Today, I feel much better.”

Nikki feels that while social media is a great tool to connect with friends and fans across the globe, it also exposes celebrities to a lot of negativity, comparisons and judgments. “Sometimes, the expectations are unrealistic. People need to understand that not everyone is on the same path. There was a time I started comparing myself with others, and those are to deal with it. Social media can push you to the brink at times. I have returned wiser and stronger.”