Udit Narayan and Deepa Narayan Jh

Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; August 23, 2022)

An adorable picture of singer Udit Narayan with granddaughter Tvisha was posted by his daughter-in-law Shweta Agarwal Jha on her social media handle recently. Udit is seen holding little Tvisha and was all smiles.

Ask him about his granddaughter and he says, “She is my jaan. After so many years, God has given us a gift and she has brought immense happiness in our lives. My whole day is spent with her. At times, when I am recording songs in the studio, it does get difficult, but as soon as I finish, I run to Adit’s (Aditya Narayan) home, who stays just opposite to play with her.”

Udit shares how his grandchild has already started singing. He says, “She keeps humming a tune and we are all surprised that she already connects with music. She is also moody at times and starts kicking (laughs). Watching her do all this keeps me happy all day. My favourite song for her is Choti Si Nanhi Si Pari from the film Anaari and Oh I Love You Daddy (Akele Hum Akele Tum), which was sung by Adit and me.”

He further shares, “Tvisha sometimes looks like Adit and Shweta. But there are times when I feel she looks like me and her grandmother. I am sure that she will become a singer. Adit was a very lovely child when he was born. Tvisha is even better and makes us 10 times happier (smiles). Woh kehte hai na asal se jyada sud pyaara hota hai.”