I owe my singing to Ganesh Ji: Rahul Vaidya

Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 31, 2022)

Just like every other year, singer Rahul Vaidya is bringing Lord Ganpati to his home on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi for five days. The singer shares, “As always, I am very excited to welcome Ganpati ji home. Sweets are made and the decorations are done, and it’s a very joyous environment around.”

Bappa is known for fulfilling wishes. Vaidya, however, is averse to the idea of wishing for anything. The 34-year-old shares, “When I was younger, I would ask Ganesh ji for a lot of things, but now, I’ve stopped wishing for things. I only ask for the good health and well-being of my friends and family, and that’s all what matters to me.”

The Yaad Teri singer also reveals how his singing career started because of Ganeshotsav. “I think I started singing because of Ganesh ji. My mum made me sing at a Ganpati pandal, and that’s where my musical journey started. So, I owe my singing to Ganesh ji,” Vaidya confesses.

While walking down the memory lane, he adds, “When I was young, there used to be these competitions, where everybody would sing one bhajan. That’s how my mum taught me all the bhajans, and I sang one of them, and that’s where it all started.”

Ask if he wishes for a baby this year from Bappa and Vaidya replies, “Honestly, there is no plan for a mini Rahul or mini Disha (Parmar; actor-wife) as of now. Both of us are very busy, and I still think there is some time for it. All I ask for is good health and luck for myself, and my friends and family.”