‘MY PARENTS DON’T ASK ME ABOUT MARRIAGE AS MUCH AS THE PUBLIC’

Sonakshi says she’d rather have people talk about her work than her personal life
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 10, 2022)

Sonakshi Sinha is happy with where her career is at the moment, working on a variety of projects, and she prefers that people pay attention to her professional life rather than her personal one. Mention the queries and curiosity about when she will get married or who she will wed on pretty much all platforms, and she chuckles, saying that even her parents are not very interested in her plans to wed.

She tells us, “My parents (actor-politicians Shatrughan and Poonam Sinha) don’t ask me so much about my marriage as the media and the public. They are not bothered as much as them.” She says she is aware of the constant glare on her personal life and the speculations around it: “Of course, people are curious. They want to know what’s going on in my life. Well, they can speculate all they want, but I have always maintained that if I’m being spoken about, I’d rather be spoken about for my work.”

The actor, who entered Bollywood in 2010 with Dabangg, says, “Until I’m ready to share my life with the world, I won’t do it. I have always been that sort of a person. And that reflects on my social media as well. It’s reflected in the places I go to or where I’m seen and where I’m not seen. It is very easy for me to balance that out. I will only share with the world what I want to share and nothing else. It is important as a person to protect certain parts of yourself. Because I don’t want to be available to everyone all the time.”

The 35-year-old is excited for people to watch the projects she’s been working on, from the horror-comedy Kakuda to her web debut Dahaad, which is a thriller. “You (the audience) won’t be disappointed. I think you’ll be very happy to see me playing such characters,” says the actor, who was last seen in Bhuj: The Pride of India (2021).

She goes on to add that getting to essay diverse roles keeps her excited about her profession: “I’m a Gemini, so I get bored very easily. I have to keep doing something to really make me stay interested in whatever is happening. So this is how I keep myself submerged in my work.”