Urfi Javed wears bralette and short skirt made of aluminium foil; netizens say, 'Iski bhi kya jarurat thi' [Watch]

Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; July 8, 2022)

You may love her or you may hate her, but you can’t ignore her. That’s Urfi Javed, who has become an internet sensation in recent times for her extremely bold and bizarre dressing sense. The TV actress, who was last seen in Bigg Boss OTT, often gets a mixed response to her clothes which range from creating outfits out of chains, shells and garbage bags, to even using her own photographs.

While some people like her guts and innovative style, trolls have hit out at her saying she is doing all this for publicity. However, Urfi remains unfazed. She says, “Everyone likes to dress up, put on make-up and look their best. Whatever I do, I do for myself because all of us want to look and feel good. And if people get provoked by a dress, then there is a problem there...they need help!”

So who plans her outfits, especially the offbeat designs? She says, “I have a team, we sit together and discuss the designs. It’s a process; it’s not that easy.”

Urfi says that even as a kid, she loved dressing up and always wanted to be different from the rest. “I remember I used to love planning my look before going out. So, I do that even now. I always wanted to stand out in the crowd. That’s how I have been since I was a kid, and there’s nothing wrong with it,” she shares.

Ask her how her family reacts to her dressing, and she says, “They don’t say anything. I am an adult and I take my own decisions. I respect my parents and love them, but I do what I think is right for me.”

Urfi, who has acted in fiction shows like Jiji Maa, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai and Kasautii Zindagii Kay, wants to bag some interesting projects. She says, “I came to Mumbai from Lucknow to become an actor. Right now, I am not getting roles that can help me prove my worth as an actor, and I don’t mind waiting for the project. I want to play a strong character and be a part of a story that breaks stereotypes and has a strong message for women.”

Does she worry about not getting offered meaty roles? “Maybe people aren’t casting me because they feel I have a certain image, but I believe that nothing is permanent. If there are some people who don’t like me right now, after some time, they will like me and vice versa,” says Urfi, who has recently changed her name to Uorfi

While acting may have taken a backseat, she is busy with other things. “I have got fame today. There are other things that are working well for me. Yes, I have always wanted to be a part of a big movie, but I have no complaints. I am enjoying this phase of my life and I’m sure I will get some good roles in the future,” she signs off.

Urfi Javed badly slammed for her 'barely there' outfit and eating vada pav on streets; ‘Sasti Poonam Pandey’, say netizens