If I don’t do a trending dance reel, I am not considered popular enough
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 31, 2022)

Aahana S Kumra is very clear about one thing — she is an actor, not an influencer, and will, therefore, stick to her field. She is not ready to lose her focus on the craft, chasing social media popularity.

“People want everybody to become an influencer now. If I don’t do a dance reel, if I don’t do something which is trending at the moment, then I am not considered popular enough on social media. But I don’t intend on being an influencer,” says the Lipstick Under My Burkha (2016) actor.

She asserts that there are clear distinctions between an actor and an influencer. “An influencer cannot be an actor. There is a fine line, we are walking on thin ice, and it’s a choice you need to make,” adds Kumra. She has chosen to just be an actor, without giving into the trappings of social media, looks, etc.

She continues, “This choice has worked for me. I won’t get millions of likes on a dance reel, but if I give a good performance (on the screen), and get a good review, people will watch me for that. I feel social media influencers are doing their job, and I am doing mine. You want to focus your energies in one direction. If you are going to be an actor, be that and give the craft your 100%.”

Calling social media “not her zone”, the actor says she doesn’t like doing too much on social media. “It’s a choice. The way I enjoy acting, they (influencers) enjoy doing what they do. These are two different worlds,” Kumra signs off.