Anupamaa: Gaurav Khanna aka Anuj FINALLY breaks silence on reports of him exiting the show; reveals if his character will die

Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; July 31, 2022)

Anupamaa viewers have been predicting that Anuj Kapadia, played by Gaurav Khanna, will quit the show soon. One of the reasons for this is that Gaurav’s screen time has reduced on the show. This topic has been trending online for many days. Finally, in an exclusive interview with BT, Gaurav addressed these rumours. He said, “I will just say that I am fully committed to the show.”

Talking about the screen time being reduced, he said that doesn’t bother him. “I have been in the industry for a long time, and I feel this show is different, and I am lucky to be part of it,” he said, adding, “Once or twice in a lifetime does an actor get an opportunity to play an iconic role on TV and I am thankful for that.”

It’s been nine months since Gaurav joined the show. Initially, he was a bit apprehensive. He shared, “Generally, it is difficult to enter a show which is ongoing.”

Gaurav adds, “But the audience gave my character the same love, which I wasn’t expecting, and I am thankful for it.”

In the show, Gaurav’s character is the perfect husband any woman would want. But what is he like in his personal life? Gaurav shared, “There are bound to be difficulties in every marriage because no two people are similar to each other. But that’s what makes it fun. One has to work around these things and come to a point unanimously. People who manage to do it lead a happy married life. That’s what my wife Akanksha (Chamola) and I do. We are different from each other, but we work towards things together. It’s like balancing a seesaw.”