HAD MY NOSE FIXED, DIDN’T WAKE UP LOOKING LIKE THIS: SHRUTI

The actor feels that we need to break the myth around plastic surgeries to stop trolls
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 22, 2022)

All for body positivity, actor Shruti Haasan wants to break the myth around how celebrities look good, all the time. On social media, they face constant pressures and trolling on how they look, their body shape, and speculations abound if they have gone under the knife.

“I haven’t got as much negativity in that department (her looks). The audience understand that actors are people too and looking good on camera is part of the job. If I could, I would eat biryani every day,” she says. Every job comes with a different cup of tea “which we don’t always want to drink,” explains the actor.

Set to be seen in biggies such as Salaar and NBK107, Hassan feels that things can get out of control sometimes. She says, “There is a wave of negativity that we all are experiencing. It seems easy for people to s**t on other people. For someone like me, it’s not that bad because I am quite informed in my opinion about myself.”

The 36-year-old has been subject to harsh comments too, on whether she got any surgeries to enhance her looks. The actor takes them head on, “When people say ‘tumne surgery karaya!’, I respond with ‘usse aapko kya?’ I had [lip] fillers and surgery on my nose. That’s my approach.”

Opening up about her own insecurities, she confesses she faces uncertainties, like everyone else. “I have had time to be with myself and not let that overrun my thoughts. I have a strict diet, [but] I do cheat on it. I work out. I have had my nose fixed because I didn’t wake up looking like this. It takes time, and I would rather be honest about that process. We need to break the myth around it [plastic surgery]. That’s when trolling and negativity will lose it’s power,” she signs off.