Avika Gor: Had to let go of big films which just wanted me to be eye candy
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 25, 2022)

After making a mark on television, Avika Gor ventured into Telugu and Kannada films. It is only now that the actor has given her nod to a Hindi film, 1920: Horror Of The Hearts.

Talking about her thought process behind her project choices, Gor shares, “All the characters I have done till now, in all my films down south, there’s one common thing: I had a lot to do in them. I have never done a film if the story doesn’t revolve around my part in it, or if I am just a prop. There are many big projects I had to let go of because of this particular reason. I am absolutely satisfied saying no.”

The 25-year-old emphasizes that she can’t just be “eye candy” in a film. “I didn’t want to be just a glam doll. People have appreciated the way I act, they have seen talent [in me] that they can look up to. It has become like a responsibility, to give them that quality in my work.”

The actor, who shot to fame with Balika Vadhu, is of the opinion that she can’t give her fans anything uninteresting, as the re-runs of her television shows are still available. “Why will the audience pay to go to a theatre to watch me, when they can watch me on TV anytime? I have to give them challenging and good work. If I am just eye candy, I won’t be happy doing it either,” Gor signs off.