ANSHUMAN JHA
TO START A
KENNEL TO
FOCUS ON
INJURED DOGS

The actor talks about his plans to start a centre to help support the cause of welfare of animals
Kavita Awaasthi (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 26, 2022)

Actor Anshuman Jha is an animal lover who truly walks the talk when it comes to not only promoting the message of “adopt, don’t shop” but also is the one to give back to the cause of providing for strays.

He recently made an addition to his adopted family. After Casper, a nervous case rescue, who has been with him for nearly nine years and the actor adopted another indie puppy, a six month old, Oreo.

Now, taking his love for animals further, the Hum Bhi Akele Tum Bhi Akele (2021) and Mastram actor is working on starting a dog kennel just outside of Mumbai. The search for the perfect place and land to start this initiative has begun and he hopes to start the centre by early 2023.

Jha further says that a dog kennel has been a childhood dream which is manifesting now. “I have always dreamt of doing my bit for our four legged friends,” he shares speaking about his plans. “It will focus on injured dogs. This is my first step to do something for the animals before my time ends. I am only doing it now because I truly believe that helping one dog is better then helping none. We will start small and hope to aid as many canines as we can. I won’t mind if my epitaph reads ‘A Dogs best friend’.”

Explaining Jha says, “I truly feel dogs have domesticated us, instead of the other way round. Oreo completes our family - for now. And is an able company for Casper as he gets into the second phase of his life. I urge people to adopt more Indian breeds and not just look at buying breeds. Dogs are dogs, after all. Indian dog breeds are the smartest I have ever come across.”