IT’S DRAMA TIME FOR AISHWARYA SAKHUJA

Having explored TV, the actor is now excited about doing theatre; says she signed a play in May, as she loved the script
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 15, 2022)

After an established career on TV, actor Aishwarya Sakhuja is excited to try her hand at a new medium now — theatre. Though she has been nurturing the desire to be on stage ever since she was in college, she finally got to realise her long-pending dream in May this year. “Back then, I was told, ‘You can’t act’. So instead, I did makeup. That chull (strong desire) has been there since then. After moving to Mumbai, I didn’t get the time to look into it (theatre) seriously, [as I was busy with TV shows]. Now, I have the time,” shares the actor.

When she was invited for an event in Mumbai to judge a drama competition, she met veteran actor Om Katare and that’s how her journey in the world of theatre finally started. “I told him to keep me posted about something where I can fit in. A month later, he narrated a story that I loved,” shares the 35-year-old, who has been a part of TV shows such as Saas Bina Sasuraal and Trideviyaan.

Turning down lucrative offers on TV is not easy, but not for Sakhuja, who since her last TV show has been offered many negative characters. “I am a hungry actor. I like the spotlight on me. My last show was easy-going. I worked for just 15-20 days a month. I had enough time for myself,” she ends.