Ishita Dutta

Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; June 8, 2022)

It’s not easy landing movie offers when you are doing TV shows. Ishita Dutta, who is currently shooting for the film Drishyam 2, shares how it can get tough for TV actors to break into the film world. She says, “There have been times when I have found it difficult to get film projects because I come from the TV industry. Some people feel that TV actors are overexposed. But we’ve come a long way and I think a decade later, this won’t even be a topic to discuss because the line between films and TV will disappear.”

Ishita hopes to dabble in different mediums. She says, “As an actor, I want to be part of all kinds of content and story-telling, be it web, films or TV. I don’t mind doing TV while I’m doing films.”

She is happy with the way her career has shaped up so far, but she’s also gone through her share of lows. “Every individual goes through that at some point. But I’d like to say that the pandemic was a difficult time for me. I was consciously not working because I was living with my parents and I didn’t want them to catch the virus, so we were all at home. Apart from that, I think the wait between two projects can sometimes be tough,” says the actress, who was last seen in the TV show Thoda Sa Baadal Thoda Sa Paani.

Ishita is an introvert and feels that she may have lost out on some work because of that. “I think one needs to be outgoing and go to parties and events, and meet people from the industry. That does help one get work. But I am an introvert and I like staying at home. I avoid going to parties. So somewhere I feel that I could have lost out on a few opportunities due to that, but I will not change because that’s who I am and I don’t think I should alter that,” shares the Bepanah Pyaar actress.