I LOVED THE FAMILY MAN SO MUCH THAT I SIGNED A WEB SERIES : SHAHID

Ecstatic about his OTT stint, Shahid Kapoor shares how an offer for a film led to him foraying into the digital space
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 13, 2022)

Shahid Kapoor is set to join the league of film actors who are trying their hand at web projects. The actor will be seen in Farzi, a web show with director duo Raj and DK (Raj Nidimoru, Krishna DK), soon. Venturing into the digital space is something Kapoor admits he’s always wanted to do. He shares, “I love watching OTT content. I have been working for almost two decades now, and I put myself first as an audience member. Also, if I see a show or a film [that I love], it’s only a natural consequence that I will look for material that’s similar.”

Kapoor is excited to make his debut all over again, that too in a completely “different format” where people will see him in “over eight-nine episodes”. He shares, “I loved Raj and DK’s The Family Man 2. They called me for a film. I asked if they had a show for me. They went, ‘Really?’, and I said ‘Yes!’ It’s exciting to collaborate with people who are at the top of their game, and in India, they are the best of the best.”

But with the play-pause culture gaining pace, doesn’t it mean that a film that deserves adequate attention will now lose its charm? Kapoor denies this, and explains, “It depends on the nature of the content. If you know the format and what platform you are making it for, you can work accordingly. I have seen that play-pause culture exists if there is a lack of potency in the material. [But] if it’s not keeping you hooked, that doesn’t mean things need to move fast. Things moving fast is very different from feeling engaged and connected.”