#30YEARSOFSRK:
‘I WANT TO
WORK TILL
I AM 106
YEARS OLD’

BOMBAY TIMES (June 27, 2022)

Shah Rukh Khan decided to ring in his 30 years in the industry by interacting with his fans online. He answered many questions regarding his work in the past and his upcoming films. When asked how he celebrated the big day, he said, “I celebrated my 30 years in films by working 15 hours on set! That was most satisfying. I never thought I would last 30 years in cinema. I came to Mumbai thinking I would perhaps work for a year or two, do five-six films. But I made it (here) because of my fans, who even put up with my bad films and missteps.”

He further added, “My wife asks me how am I so excited to wake up in the morning, wear make-up and go to the set even today. That’s because I really like what I do. I am most happy on set. After 30 years my humble attempt is to get an expression right or find ways to do things differently. Convey emotions differently. None of this is for personal recognition. My work needs to be recognised. That is most satisfying for me today.”

When asked if he misses playing ‘Rahul’ on screen, his most celebrated character, the actor revealed that he doesn’t. He explained, “I don’t even remember the last time I played Rahul. I don’t miss it. I am too old to do romantic films now. Many years ago, I did a film opposite a young girl and it was awkward for me. But you have to go along with it. Maybe Rahul and Raj are for younger people to do. I am thankful to Karan Johar and Aditya Chopra for having created these phenomenal characters. When I had joined films, I had never thought that I would be known by the characters I play, which is a great gift for an actor. I love Raj and Rahul. There will always be a part of me in them and every character I do.”
------------------------------------------------
During a live session, Shah Rukh Khan spoke about completing 30 years in showbiz, his upcoming movie and Salman Khan
HINDUSTAN TIMES (June 27, 2022)

It was a rare occasion when actor Shah Rukh Khan decided to come live and interact with his fans on Instagram on Saturday and take as many questions as he possibly could in over 30 minutes. The occasion? He’s hitting the 30 year milestone as an actor.

“30 years seems like yesterday. I want to work for 30 more years in films. In fact, I want to work till I am 106 years old,” he shared. Talking about his love for acting, the 56-year-old added, “I give a part of me to every film that I do.”

What delighted fans was that Khan confirmed actor Salman Khan’s cameo appearance as RAW agent Tiger in his upcoming Pathaan.

The actor said, “With Salman Khan, there is no working experience. There’s always a love experience, happy experience, friendly experience, and brotherly experience. It’s amazing whenever I work with him. We haven’t really done a full-fledged film together, apart from one (Karan Arjun, 1995), which was also not full-fledged, to be honest. We were not together in the film for too long.”

He further talked about his cameo in Salman’s film Tubelight (2017) and how the latter appeared in a song in his last film, Zero (2018). “Now, in Pathaan. I don’t know if this should be a secret, but InshaAllah I will try to be in Tiger also. It’s great fun working with him,” he added.

Fans were quick to notice that SRK’s youngest son, AbRam, was missing in the Insta live. Khan took notice and said, “I wish he was here, but he is currently on a holiday. I would love him to be here.” The actor then looked around for a picture of AbRam and said, “I miss him now. Thank you for making me miss AbRam even more than I was. Next time when I come out to meet people, I will bring him along, or maybe in the next live session.”

SRK’s long locks for his character in Siddharth Anand directorial have been the talk of the town too. The multi-award winning actor joked that his hair was longer before, but he had begun to look like his co-star Deepika Padukone: “I love my long hair the most in Pathaan. But, the only issue with the hairstyle is that in the film, Deepika and I start looking the same. So, for the first time in my career, I had to discuss my hairstyle with my team.”