Cinema kabhi mera passion nahin bana: Piyush Mishra

Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 15, 2022)

Actor Piyush Mishra reveals he has been extremely choosy when it comes to picking acting gigs in Bollywood. “I’m earning well, I’m well settled, I’m keeping my friends and family happy. Currently, I’m doing only the things that I want to do — theatre and my band. Cinema se ubb nahin chuka hoon (but) cinema kabhi mera passion nahin bana, bas occupation bana. Live shows are my passion. Cinema is an occupation; paison ka zariya hain,” Mishra explains.  

The actor is also a lyricist, but hasn’t penned songs for any Hindi movie after his last stint in Dakxin Chhara’s Sameer (2017). He cites Bollywood’s awkwardness towards his writing as the reason behind his disappearance: “Woh (Bollywood) kehte hain, aap ye kaise gaane likhte hain? So, I use them in my band’s songs. Most of my lyrics are unconventional. Only someone as brave as Anurag Kashyap (filmmaker) can use these songs. Kisi aur mein himmat nahin hain,” Mishra concludes.