‘EXCITED FOR MY FIRST
EID AFTER MARRIAGE’
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; May 3, 2022)

Shama Sikander is excited that she will celebrate her first Eid after she tied the knot in March this year, with businessman James Milliron. “Eid has always been an integral part of my life, since childhood. I used to fast a lot before, and look forward to getting eidi. That is what children want! Since it’s my first after wedding, so we are excited to host our loved ones. So this time, I am looking forward to giving eidi — it’s a total shift,” says the actor.

The 40-year-old says the celebrations will start in the morning, with her entire family and friends invited. “We will organise a lunch. Everybody will wake up early in the morning, go for Eid prayers, and break the fast after it. My mum and my whole family will cook delicious delicacies, and then come to my house. I love the kebabs. The one thing I never fail to do on every Eid is eating sheer khurma and biryani! I don’t cook, that isn’t something I do. I don’t enjoy it (cooking) as much, I am more of an eater,” she adds.

Does her husband also take a keen interest in the rituals or how the festival is celebrated? “We both were very religious at one point, now we are totally into spirituality. We respect everybody who does it, goes for iftar. We have iftar at our home as well. But we don’t do any religious activities anymore. It just happened, it was a conscious decision,” Sikander signs off.