‘Sangita needs classes to understand what I wrote’
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; May 21, 2022)

Recently, actor Sangita Ghosh clapped back at actor Kamya Panjabi aka Kamya Shalabh Dang for her comment on Ghosh’s viral Swaran Ghar dupatta scene (where she’s seen getting choked when her dupatta gets stuck in a fan), saying Dang is questioning the standing of TV. Dang had tweeted, “This is precisely why despite having some brilliant actors TV content is looked down upon, compared to films and web.” To this, Ghosh, 45, responded, “The one who works for TV, considers TV less than OTT and films, what should I say?”

Talking to us, Dang, 42, says, “Who is saying TV is small? But look at the content being shown on TV. I am not degrading any actor or television, but just stating the fact that it is because of such content that people working in films and OTT don’t want to hire TV actors.” She adds, “Sangita needs some classes to understand what I wrote. Mazak toh unka duniya uda rahi hai. In fact, she is the one who left TV to do films.”

Dang says she has always been careful about her scenes. “In my entire career, I’ve never done such a scene. Whenever I felt something was missing, I’d discuss it with the team, because I’ll be the one seen on screen. I have the responsibility to not degrade the value of TV,” she ends.