shreyas talpade bollywood
Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; May 1, 2022)

While Shreyas Talpade has always won appreciation for his work in films, the OTT space has been a big boon for artistes like him. The actor, who has already been a part of a couple of OTT projects, was recently seen in the web film Kaun Pravin Tambe based on the life of cricketer Pravin Tambe. Shreyas is happy that after a dull phase, things are looking up in his career.

He says, “After I did Golmaal, people started assuming that I am just another actor in the film who can do good comedy. I enjoyed doing Golmaal and am still looking forward if they want to cast me in the film, but that doesn’t mean I am not able to deliver what’s required for other genres. People had started doubting my abilities as an actor and that’s when I felt I should work on different scripts.”

As per reports, Shreyas Talpade was recently replaced in Farhad Samji’s Kabhi Eid Kabhi Diwali. Shreyas says, “Farhad Samji is a good director and a very dear friend. I would like him to make an amazing film with or without me. I don’t want to comment on this further.”

Shreyas has a number of films on the cards, including a Marathi movie with Mahesh Manjrekar and Sarkar Ki Seva Mein, which will be directed by the actor himself. He recently finished shooting for two films, one of which is an anthology. The actor says, “I am a self-made man and have been in the industry for the last 17 years, and obviously, that hasn’t happened by fluke. I have never begged for roles, and I am glad that whatever I am today is because of my efforts and hard work.”