arjan bajwa films news

Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; May 1, 2022)

In the last few years, Arjan Bajwa got a chance to explore the digital world with projects that allowed him to experiment with different kinds of roles. In his recent shows like State Of Siege: 26/11 and Bestseller he got an opportunity to essay author-backed roles. He shares, “Both these shows are adapted from books and I really enjoyed bringing the story on screen for the viewers. I am really looking forward to doing such author-backed roles in the future.”

While his performance in films like Guru, Fashion, Rustom and Kabir Singh where he played supporting roles, was noticed, it is the digital medium that catapulted him to the lead space. With that, does he hope to get similar opportunities in Bollywood?

“I don’t see it that way. It’s not the medium, but the story that matters. From a larger perspective, it isn’t just about your merit as an actor, but also your positioning and marketing as an artiste in the market. It is a combination of how you are being pushed, who is supporting you and writing scripts keeping you in mind. Like, there was an espionage series being written keeping me in mind, but then in the end they cast someone else,” he says.

That must have been quite a miss for an actor, who loves depicting men in uniform on screen. “It’s something I wanted to do in real life, but I am glad that I am getting to do it on the screen now. I will continue to look out for roles where I can play someone from the defence services. I am glad I got to play an NSG commando in State Of Siege: 26/11,” he says.

Talking about his journey so far, Arjan shares, “All the work I have done is on my own merit, but there are a few people I would be indebted to like Madhur Bhandarkar who gave me a film like Fashion, or Neeraj Pandey sir who cast me in Rustom with Akshay Kumar. There are a few well-wishers in the industry because of whom I am here.”

On the personal front, the actor says that he is planning to tie the knot soon. “Shaadi plans are in place, I will give the good news very soon. I have always been a little private about my personal life, but the moment I plan to get married, I will announce it in a grand manner. I will introduce the world to the girl of my dreams soon,” he signs off.

— With inputs from Unnati Joshi