shaan, mika singh

The singer talks about returning to hosting on TV after 15 years with a show that has nothing to do with music
Akash Wadhwa (BOMBAY TIMES; May 15, 2022)

Shaan is gearing up to host a show on TV after almost 15 years. He will be seen hosting Swayamvar - Mika Di Vohti, a reality show where his buddy, singer Mika Singh will be looking for a life partner. So far, Shaan has hosted music shows, so why did he decide on returning with this show?

Shaan says, “How could I have missed out on planning my brother Mika’s wedding? In fact, I have been asking about his wedding for the longest time. He even used to tell me ki bhai aap jab bhi milte ho ek hi baat karte ho. I have always wanted this for him, that there should be someone jo Mika ko sambhale.”

Shaan says he will try to be different with his hosting skills in this one. “I don’t know how I will be hosting this show, whether I will bring in the comedy angle or not. But I’ve known Mika for the longest time now, and I will bring out the guy behind those dark glasses, the real Mika.”

On the music front, Shaan, who recently composed a song in his mother’s memory, has also started doing live shows. He says, “Live shows have resumed after two years, so I am pretty busy travelling to different cities.”

Talking about the current music scene in Bollywood, Shaan shares, “The great thing about the music of today is that there is something for everyone. You can ignore the music which you don’t like and find something which suits your taste. Also, I am more into composing these days. I have tried different genres and there are takers for all sorts of genres. I am really enjoying this phase as I am not being forced to fit into one kind of box.”

There are things which the singer misses. “Film music has become very confusing today. Songs earlier used to be larger than life and films had a lot of song and dance. But today’s tracks are closer to the story and are just background songs,” he adds.