‘Don’t know why people are going crazy over it’

Tiger puzzled and happy in equal measure as his eight-year-old dialogue ‘Chhoti bachchi ho kya’ from Heropanti sparks meme fest online
Uma Ramasubramanian (MID-DAY; May 4, 2022)

The Internet can be an amusing place, where you can never tell what catches netizens’ fancy. Over the past few days, social media has been abuzz with memes about “Chhoti bachchi ho kya?” The dialogue was originally used in Tiger Shroff’s debut film Heropanti (2014), but the good folks of the Internet have rediscovered it eight years on and are having a field day with it.

The actor, whose Heropanti 2 hit the screens last week, is surprised that the dialogue has inspired a meme fest. “I am happy that it resurfaced at a time like this because it gave another dimension to the [film’s] promotions. Honestly, I don’t know why people are going crazy over that line. It’s a dialogue I tell Kriti [Sanon’s character] in the film,” says the actor.

While Shroff uses the line to admonish Sanon in the scene, social media users and reputed brands are giving their own spin to it. Food delivery giant Zomato chipped in with a witty one-liner, as it posted on Twitter, “Har trend pe tweet expect karte ho, chhote bachche ho kya?”

Dating app Tinder was not one to be left behind, tweeting, “Chhoti bachchi ho kya — me @ myself when I simp on them.”

Some of the posts have left Shroff chuckling. He adds, “I guess because of the way I said it, people have been catching on to it. You never know what clicks with the audience.”