Exclusive! Aakanksha Singh on working with Ajay Devgn in Mayday, life so far and more

Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; April 24, 2022)

Being a part of Runway 34 gave Aakanksha Singh an opportunity to not only share screen space with Ajay Devgn, but it also gave her a chance to be directed by him. The actress, who has been working in films down south, after making her debut with Badrinath Ki Dulhania, was mighty impressed with Ajay, the director as well. Inspired by true incidents, Runway 34 revolves around Captain Vikrant Khanna, played by Ajay, whose flight takes a mysterious course after take-off from an international destination. The film also features Rakul Preet Singh and Amitabh Bachchan.

Aakanksha, who plays Ajay’s wife in the film, says, “We all know the kind of an actor he is. It is beautiful to see him emote as he is a very unique performer. His acting style is subtle, but the power with which he says his dialogues leaves you amazed. He speaks with his eyes. His skills as a director took me by surprise. You cannot compare the technical brilliance he brings on the sets. I have never shot with 12 cameras in my life, which I did for this film. It was a different experience altogether. It saved us actors a lot of time and also cut down on the production costs. I really enjoyed being directed by him.”

The actress was also thankful to the Singham actor for ensuring that she was well looked after when she injured her foot during the shoot. “I was in a wheelchair as I couldn’t move. He saw to it that I always had help on hand to move around, especially during shots. Also, at times he would personally help me get to the spot where we were shooting. These are certainly some memories to cherish from the sets of Runway 34.”