ridhi dogra the married woman
Divya Kaushik (BOMBAY TIMES; April 24, 2022)

After almost a decade of acting and making a name for herself in the TV industry with shows like Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak?, Savitri, and web shows, Ridhi Dogra has now started writing scripts. The actress says that while her focus will be on acting, she has taken up her interest in writing seriously.

She tells us, “I am developing scripts when I am at home. After being an actor for some time, you have an idea of what you want to do in the long term. Writing is second nature to me, it has been therapeutic and after a certain time in the industry, you know that you can tell a story. I am writing my own script. Ekta (Kapoor) told me that if you have something other than acting, pursue it, because an actor’s life is short-lived. I was always interested in writing and thought why not take it seriously and make something out of it. ”

‘DELHI WOMEN WILL RELATE TO MY SCRIPT’
Ridhi, who grew up in Delhi, says that her first script will be centred around the city and her experiences there. “I think your writing is a reflection of who you are as a person and your experiences. Delhi has shaped me, it has played an important role in making me the person that I am today, so there will be a lot of Delhi in the script. Also, I think many writers, filmmakers find Delhi fascinating because of its thriving culture and social scene. My story will be based on women in Delhi, it’ll be a voice of women in the city, it will have a message for them,” says Ridhi.

‘I WANT MY WORK TO SPEAK FOR ME,I DON’T WANT TO BE DEPENDENT ON HOW POPULAR I AM ON SOCIAL MEDIA’
The actress adds that currently her entire focus is on work and in doing things that make her happy. She has even kept a low profile on social media and says that she doesn’t want to be a part of the rat race. She often corrects people when they address her as an influencer. She says, “I believe that if you do a good show that speaks volumes for you more than any kind of promotion on social media, so I would let my work do the talking.”

She adds, “I don’t want to be in any rat race. I don’t want to put any kind of pressure on myself. It is a personal decision. In the last two years we have lost so many talented people, we’ve seen them succumbing to that pressure and how people in our industry are pulled down. I feel that I have seen too many film stars who are put in a bubble by the industry, media and then pulled down. I don’t want to put my energy there. If it means it is going to be a longer route for me, I have no problem. I want to be like Zohra Sehgal, I want to keep acting, I don’t want to be dependent on how popular I am on social media. I keep telling people who call me for collaborations that I am not an influencer, I am an actor,” says Ridhi.