‘Can’t wait to have my own iconic Bollywood dance numbers’

Juhi Chakraborty (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 17, 2022)

Sharvari made her Bollywood debut last year with Bunty Aur Babli 2. While she did get a chance to shake a leg in songs, such as Luv Ju and Tattoo Waaliye in the film, the actor now wants to focus on hardcore dance numbers in her films.

“I can’t wait to have my own iconic Bollywood dance numbers one day. That’s my end goal,” says the actor, who believes dancing is also an excellent way to stay fit: “I love dancing as a form of workout, it makes me the happiest.”

In a bid to explore the world of dance a bit more, the 25-year-old has even been connecting with dancers on social media and engaging in workshops with them. “We have some very talented dancers in India. I connect with them through Instagram to try and do a workshop with them. I believe in learning new dance forms and challenging myself by trying to learn different styles,” she shares.

The actor, who made her foray into showbiz with the web series The Forgotten Army - Azaadi Ke Liye in 2020, is constantly working on her creative skills in the pursuit of bettering her craft.

“Currently, I am learning Kathak and freestyle hip-hop almost every alternate day. I have converted a small room in my house into a dance studio,” she says.