Farzana Patowari (BOMBAY TIMES; April 30, 2022)

Shaktimaan is one show which people remember even today. Actress Vaishnavi Macdonald, who played the role of Geeta Vishwas, recently posted a few throwback pictures of her look from the show on Instagram. She says, “Many people who saw Shaktimaan in their childhood still call me Geeta. They don’t know my real name. I think I have done other good work as well, but Geeta Vishwas overshadows everything.”

Going down memory lane, she narrates a funny incident from the past. “It was in the fourth year of our show and I was sitting with Mukesh Khanna ji on the set. I was looking at his hair and I thought when he used to be in his Gangadhar look, he would wear a wig and while playing Shaktimaan, he had his original hair. So the curious me asked his personal make-up dada about this. And guess what? He went and told Mukesh ji about it! Mukesh ji in a funny way asked me to pull his hair to check if they are real or not. He said, ‘After four years of working with me you didn’t know this?’ It was his real hair in both the characters.”

Before doing Shaktimaan, Vaishnavi did some Bollywood films, so it was challenging to adjust to TV initially. She recounts, “Mukesh Khanna was an established name in the industry and I was changing my medium from films to television. He would mouth big dialogues all at once and I was used to saying shorter dialogues with gaps. I would feel scared at times, but later it all became very normal. I learnt so much from him.”