A candid chat with Vivian & his Egyptian girlfriend Nouran Aly
Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; April 18, 2022)

Love has a habit of often catching you unawares. That’s what happened to Vivian Dsena. Just days before he was granted divorce in December 2021, BT had exclusively reported about the Sirf Tum actor finding love again. We now have it that he is in a relationship with Nouran Aly, a former journalist from Egypt.

The two have been together for four-and-a-half-years. Vivian says that his failed marriage is a thing ofthe past, and he is looking forward to exchanging nuptial vows with Nouran. In an exclusive chat with BT, he opens up on matters ofthe heart.

The actor says, “Yes, I am in love with Nouran, and we are planning to settle down very soon. We first interacted around four-and-a-half years ago, when she contacted me for an interview. Sometime later, we became friends and soon fell in love. I think it took me only a month to realise that I was in love with her.”

While Vivian is known for guarding his privacy rather fiercely from the media, he confesses that he couldn’t help falling in love with the charming journalist. He shares, “She has a lot of patience and perseverance, which is much needed with me (laughs!).”

Vivian says, “While I admire those qualities about her, it was her honesty that attracted me the most. It is a rare quality in today’s time. I feel fortunate to have Nouran in my life. In fact, I was looking for a girl like her to settle down with. Maybe, she also likes a thing or two about me; that is why she is ready to make the mistake of spending her life with me (smiles).”

Uncannily enough, Nouran has always felt a strong connection with India. Talking to us for the first time, she says, “I have been in love with India since childhood. People in Egypt idolize Indian celebrities. I have lived most of my life in Bahrain and so, I know many Indians and have also been exposed to Indian culture. It was my love for the country and its actors that made me pursue an interview with him. He was supposed to come to Egypt for an event and that’s when I asked him for an interview. My first impression of him was, ‘What does he think of himself?’ When I told him that I can’t deal with someone like him, he replied, ‘I believe this person you described is not me. Please get to know me first.’ Well, getting to know him was a trap and I fell in love with him (laughs!).”

When Vivian was going through a rough patch in his personal life, Nouran was his pillar of support. Acknowledging her role in helping him sail through difficult times, he says, “She didn’t let me take any impulsive decisions and was the reason for my emotional stability. She is the calming factor in my life. She understands even my silence.”

So, when do they plan to settle down? Vivian replies, “I don’t know when and how. It can happen anytime. I am not a social person, and I don’t have many friends. So, even if I get married, the chances are bleak that anyone would know about it. Marriage is a private matter and it should stay like that. Nouran, too, doesn’t want to be in the limelight just because she is married to me.”

Nouran adds, “When Vivian proposed to me and met my family, their first request was that I should not be hassled by his celebrity status. I want to be a homemaker and not an actor’s wife.”