Arijit Singh
Ruman Ganguly (BOMBAY TIMES; April 22, 2022)

Arijit Singh seems to be slowly shifting base to his birthplace — Jiaganj, a small town in West Bengal’s Murshidabad district. Recently, pictures of Arijit dropping off his sons, Jul and Ali, at a local school surfaced on social media. His close friend and composer Indraadip Das Gupta said Arijit has set up an advanced home studio there.

The famously reclusive singer, who continues to maintain a flat in suburban Mumbai, has been spending more time in Murshidabad ever since the pandemic began. As per reports, he travels to Mumbai only for specific professional assignments. “Arijit once told me, ‘Indraadip da, Mumbai is part of my journey. I work there and it has made me who I am today. But my heart and soul lies in Jiaganj, my birthplace’,” Indraadip said, adding that Arijit is deeply connected to his roots and believes in nurturing them. When asked about the reason behind Arijit’s decision to enrol his sons in a local school, Indraadip said, “He keeps telling me that he doesn’t want his sons to lead a cushioned life.”

“I’ve seen Arijit Singh, one of the most successful singers in India as the guy next door, who mingles with everyone,” Indraadip added.

Other than sharing his news and his songs on social media, Arijit doesn’t believe in telling the world what he does outside the world of music, shared Indraadip.