Mrunal Thakur talks about her festive memories and going on a vacation with family after two years
Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 17, 2022)

This Holi, actor Mrunal Thakur will be flying off to Bikaner (Rajasthan) with her family to relax and spend some quality time with them. “I have been working non-stop. I heard so many people are flying back to their hometowns for Holi, and that made me want to take my first vacation with my family in two years,” she tells us.

Reminiscing about her childhood memories of the festival of colours, the 29-year-old shares, “The competition between us kids would be ki sabse badi pichkaari kiski hai. We would throw water balloons at each other. Kahin na kahin se kisi na kisi ko pakadke maarna hota tha (laughs). We would dance so much!”

Thakur continues, “The biggest fear back then was being smeared with silver and golden colours. Hafte beet jaate the, but the colour would just not come off. We were also scared of someone picking us up and throwing us in the water tub.”

Quiz her about her favourite Holi delicacies and the actor, who will be next seen in Jersey, says, “We make puran polis at home on Holi. We also eat aamti bhaat, kurdai papad and bhajiya. We only have steamed food on the night of the bonfire, but the next day, we devour desserts. I’m looking forward to my cheat meal!”