Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 2, 2022)

Actor Gulshan Grover has been in the film business for four decades, and he loves his job. He only wants to focus on it, rather than trying to change things, either in the industry or society. “The Hindi film industry is an entertainment business. Our basic introduction is that we are entertainers. The confusion starts happening when we become society changers or revolutionaries,” says the veteran.

He adds, “That change (from being entertainers to activists) has happened in the recent years. Some people do that well, as they have the capacity and opinion on things.”

But the 62-year-old, who was last seen in the film Sooryavanshi (2021) and the second season of the web show Your Honor Season 2, says he likes being just an entertainer. “While I have worked in a film like I Am Kalam (2011), which was on education, I am not an activist. I cannot go and stop all children from working. I can’t provide funds for every child to get educated. It’s the job of some [other] people,” the actor says.

The actor is certain that he only wants the ‘entertainer’ tag for himself, since in his own words, he doesn’t have the aptitude, capacity or talent to be anything else.

Grover quips, “I can’t even change things in my own house or building, how can I change things (anywhere else)? Each person has different qualities, and unfortunately, I don’t possess that (the capacity to bring about a change in society). I have an aptitude for acting, and I am happy to be just that and nothing else.”