Akash Wadhwa (BOMBAY TIMES; January 7, 2022)

Sudhanshu Pandey has become popular as Vanraj Shah in Anupamaa, but recently there were rumours of him quitting the show. Ask Sudhanshu and he says, “There is no question of me quitting Anupamaa. I had gone for a holiday with my family to Dubai after a year-and-a-half. Soon after that, I went to Rajasthan to shoot for an OTT project. I guess because of this people presumed that I was planning to quit and yes, the rumour spread like wildfire. My character Vanraj Shah was the hero of the show and will remain the hero.”

Ever since Gaurav Khanna has entered the show and taken over in the show’s storyline, there has been news suggesting ego clashes among the leads and Sudhanshu not being happy with the development. 

However, he clarifies, “Firstly, people need to understand, that you can’t keep running the show with just one storyline. Earlier, too, Apurva Agnihotri was roped in for some time. It is a daily soap which, if it needs to run for years, can’t be showing the same faces on a daily basis. As far as insecurity is concerned, I have been in the industry for long enough and have done enough work — insecurity doesn’t figure in my scheme of things! Not many know that Rajan (Shahi, producer), who is an old friend of mine, came to me with the show before he had finalised it with the channel. He even told that only if I said yes, would he make the show. So all this means a lot.”