Second time lucky

Set to play distinct roles in Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein and Ranjish Hi Sahi, Tahir Raj Bhasin on his first taste of a dual-release
Mohar Basu (MID-DAY; January 8, 2022)

With his role as Sunil Gavaskar in 83 behind him, Tahir Raj Bhasin has trained attention to his forthcoming projects — Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein and Ranjish Hi Sahi. The two digital offerings see him slip into distinct avatars, with one project being a play on power and politics, and the other, a love story set in ’70s Bollywood.

Talking to mid-day, the actor says, “January is looking like a very special month for me, and a great start to 2022. I’m going to keenly observe the response that my performance evokes. I have gone out on a limb for these two projects, and have pushed myself, as an actor. I have explored my skill [to the best of my abilities].”

Already winning praise for the glimpse that is evident in the trailers, Bhasin says his primary aim is to entertain viewers. “It is rare for any actor to have two trailers release on the same day. I’m happy that both are being loved by viewers.” 

Well aware that as a rank outsider, delivering with each and every project is essential for him, he says chasing versatility is his approach to making a mark. 

“An actor like me [must] chase versatility. I thrive on experimenting with roles and genres. I carefully select fresh scripts to showcase my acting prowess. It is important to constantly explore different things because that is what will open several exciting doors for creative growth in the industry. This has been my intention right from my first film.”

Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein is a Netflix offering. Ranjish Hi Sahi marks Mahesh Bhatt’s digital debut.