Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 2, 2021)

Last month, actor Jasmin Bhasin bought a new house in Mumbai. She tells us that it not only overwhelmed her but also took her back to the time when she first stepped into the city. “About 10-12 years back when I came to Mumbai, I didn’t have a roof over my head. I worked very hard so that I could live the life I always dreamed of — a nice house, love and security,” she says.

But she is quick to note that this is a prelude to all that’s in store for her in the coming months. “This is the beginning of a new journey, and I think I need to push myself harder for bigger professional achievements,” she shares. 

The past year has been rather eventful for Bhasin as she has starred in nine music videos. Happy to have forayed into the music space after television and films, she says, “I used to watch a lot of them and imagine myself in them, dancing like a heroine and looking all glamorous. Once I started receiving offers to be a part of music videos in which some amazing singers lent their voices, I had no reason to say no.”

The 31-year-old feels taking this step has been “rewarding” as the audience got to see her playing different characters. But she admits that these aren’t “a stepping stone” into the bigger picture. “12 years ago, I did my first regional ad. I didn’t know that it would lead me to land a Tamil film with a superstar. When I did a 20 second TVC for a hygiene product, I didn’t know that I would be cast in Tashan-e-Ishq. Aapko nahi pata hota ki aapka kaunsa kaam aapko kahaan casting kara de,” ends Bhasin, who will soon be seen in a regional film and a web show.